Serica Energy plc
Oil & Gas
Bruce Platform UK AB10 1XE
13 Rubislaw Terrace
Date Posted: 23 August 2019
Closing Date: 27 September 2019
Department: Offshore Operations
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Serica has opportunities for Offshore Production Technicians / Control Room Technicians on the Bruce platform to fill identified vacancies. Following recruitment, the successful candidate would typically be expected to gain competencies as a field operator.
- Opportunities to develop into a CRT role will be made available as per the asset succession plan.
- Core member of the Platform Operations Team reporting to the Production Supervisor. The person's role within the Team will be to deliver the safe and efficient operation of platform Process and Utility systems. Health, Safety and Environmental programmes are key to a successful operation.
- All technicians are recruited not just on their technical competency but also on their essential behaviours. The individual will be expected to actively support and contribute to the implementation of such activities. This role also requires safe and efficient response to all platform alarms and shutdowns, and the demonstration of being a good team player.
- The individual will normally be expected to work 3 weeks on, 4 weeks off, 3 weeks on, 5 weeks off and involves 12hr nightshift and dayshift working.
Areas of Responsibility
Geographical Span: Serica Assets- UKCS
Budgetary Responsibilities: No
Direct Reports: No
Travel Required: As required
Please note that this list of duties is not exhaustive and employees will be expected to undertake reasonable duties commensurate of their role and grade.
Production and Technical Integrity Performance
- Demonstrate good safety behaviours at all times and stop all unsafe acts witnessed.
- As part of the operations team, deliver on a personal commitment to safety.
- Implement all relevant policies and procedures as defined within the Operating Management System.
- Actively participate in any incident investigations and assist the team on determining root cause.
- Deliver full compliance with the Operating Management System, Life Saving Rules and Site Safety Standards.
- Complete maintenance routines as defined in Maximo (Maintenance Management System) and ensure that maintenance routines are completed with the appropriate amount of detail.
- Contribute to production upset investigations to establish root cause for production deferrals.
- Supervise vendor contractors within production discipline.
- Prepare Work Control Certificate’s and Isolation Control Certificates for vendor mobilisations and ensure that any spares required are onboard.
- Prepare plant for maintenance, including oil and gas freeing for containment breaks, and take all necessary steps to safely return the equipment to service.
- Watch-keeping duties logging key performance parameters of oil & gas production equipment and utilities equipment.
- Monitor well annuli pressure each shift and report on any anomalies.
- Ensure that work scope carried out by vendors is complete and that Maximo maintenance system is updated.
- Monitor the plant and ensure any defects noted are raised with the Production Supervisor.
- Carry out ad hoc operational tasks e.g. well tests, sand washing.
- Act as a Performing Authority and Isolating Authority as required.
- Control isolations and permits as per the responsibilities of a Performing Authority and Isolating Authority.
- Implement operations and maintenance procedures, policies and safe working practices for your areas of responsibility.
- Update P&ID drawings & procedures for submission into document revision process.
- Ensure a clear and concise shift and crew change handover.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement processes.
- Ensure jobs are raised in Maximo to address all known defects.
- Order all required materials and where appropriate feed the job into the plan.
- Act as member of the emergency control team or fire team as appropriate. Responsibilities defined in the Emergency Response Plan.
- Operating experience, either onshore or offshore, in the role of Control Room Technician and/or Production Technician.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills required to manage major incidents and emergencies.
- Ability to work extended periods of time offshore, on a rotational basis, on a production platform.
- Successful applicant would need to pass the offshore medical testing, which includes drug testing.
- Good understanding of safety management for offshore operations and have demonstrated personal commitment to Safety.
- Proven track record of performing within a multi-disciplined team.
- Detailed knowledge of offshore legislation and safety management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to drive change
- Successful candidates will have a strong track record of delivering on stretch performance targets and will be acknowledged as having the performance qualities to contribute to high performing and diverse teams.
- Demonstrated exemplary performance in trade discipline and team-working.
- Excellent coaching skills.
- Exposure to ancillary operations such as drilling, well service work, and pipeline operations.
- Clear knowledge and track record of excellent HSE performance.
- A teamwork approach with a clear track record of responsibility for delivery of complex problems in a team context.
- Good communication skills and ability to develop procedures and practices from first principles.
- Works well in a team environment.
- A minimum of a HNC in a relevant discipline or an Accredited Apprenticeship Programme.